The Community Concern form: when and why you need it

Let’s say you see a sprinkler gone awry at the park. Or a broken dock at The Island Camp. Maybe there’s debris blocking our trails. What do you do? Who do you tell?

There’s a quick, easy, and fully online Community Concern form that’s your best bet. When you submit it, you’ll need to include your contact info, Delta Coves address, and details about your concern (photos too, if you can).

Once you hit submit it’ll go straight to the Delta Coves Maintenance Corporation (DCMC) and you’ll receive a copy in your inbox. Then, in a timely manner, a member of the Delta Coves Community Life team will follow up with information about how your concern will be addressed.

Why should I submit a Community Concern form?

Delta Coves is a vibrant, growing community, so we need everyone’s help when it comes to maintaining its unique character and high-quality standards.

As a resident, you’re out in the community. You’re our eyes and ears. And you can help report community concerns and damages that require the attention of the DCMC.

Plus, upholding Delta Coves undeniable curb and dock appeal is what will keep your home value high.

When should I submit a Community Concern form?

There are a few common scenarios when it’s best to submit a Community Concern form.

Landscaping, water-scaping, & amenity maintenance

If you see something inside or outside The Island Camp, at our community parks, and along our trails (broken fire pit, overgrown shrubs, lifeless trees, etc.) go ahead and send in a Community Concern form.


While it’s best practice to chat with your neighbor first, if you need help with a compliance violation (let’s say your neighbor has now stationed their boat trailer, or their 40-foot RV right in front of your house), let us know via a Community Concern form.

Keep in mind, it’s helpful if complaints submitted to the Maintenance Corporation include your first and last name so that if needed, we can follow up accordingly.

When not to submit a Community Concern form

This is a biggie, because not every issue is right for a Community Concern form.

If you spot street issues, like illegally parked cars (parking) or malfunctioning street lights (public works and engineering), you will need to contact Contra Costa County Code Enforcement.

For noise complaints, contact Contra Costa County Sheriff.

For leash law or barking dog or animal waste complaints, if talking with your neighbor hasn’t worked, contact Contra Costa Animal Services.

If you have a safety concern or feel that you or someone else may be in danger, always call 9-1-1. If you need it, the Oakley Police Department’s non-emergency line is 925-625-8060.